Center for Orthopedic Surgical Associates (COSA)Schedule:
Full time hourly non exempt - FHShift:
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's is brimming with the latest techniques, state-of-the-art pediatric equipment and top experts. But what makes us extraordinary is your passion for children, for our mission and for your field. We love what we do, and we make every coworker and every family feel right at home. It's how we've earned a NorthCoast 99 award for great workplaces. From the way we build connections with our patients to the way we push the limits of medicine, working here is a one-of-a-kind experience.
Provides a comprehensive set of business, financial, and appointment related services including: Master patient index integrity (demographics). Patient insurance and billing information functions (registration and billing). Appointment scheduling and arrival/departure functions. Performs point-of-service activities (visit preparation, co-pay collection, patient tracking and other duties as assigned under the direction of the Practice Manager. Works under the supervision and direction of a Physician or a licensed nurse, providing specific nursing care to designated patients. Prepares patients for examination. Takes and records vital signs. Performs phlebotomy as needed. Administers medications as directed by the physician according to policy and procedure. Cleans and prepares exam rooms. Assists office receptionist as required. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient Practice operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient care.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience or Associates Degree and 0-1 years of relevant experience.
- General office experience or successful completion of a job-related program may substitute for the above stated experience.
- Working knowledge of computerized appointment scheduling system, patient billing, insurance processing, or other related office functions required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or CPT/ICD-CM coding preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform basic math sufficient to process insurance co-pays.
- Working knowledge of PC Window applications with the ability to navigate both keyboard and mouse as measured by experience or testing.
- Minimum of 35 wpm typing required.
- Must be a Medical Assistant with certification preferred.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and interact with people in a friendly, supportive manner at all times. Must have or obtain BLS certification.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law