Full-time job in Houston (Pasadena), Texas. $80 - 110K base. Our client can hire you at mid or senior level.
Maintenance Engr/Sr Maintenance Engr
* Drive Reliability initiatives and solving instrumentation issues to increase plant on line service factor
* Solving power distribution issues to increase plant on line service factor issue
* Drive cost reduction efforts
* Analyze existing instrumentation and analyze if the selected equipment is the best available for the intended application
* Be aware and knowledgeable of area classification requirements common in a chemical plant environment.
* Experience with the corrosive nature of a chemical plant environment, and design solutions able to survive for extended periods
* Familiar with various materials of construction, such as stainless steel, glass-lined equipment, thermoplastics and carbon steel.
* Previous working experience with industrial scale systems, mass flow meters, HV's, control valves, electrical and pneumatic actuators, position Switches, variable speed drives, various level detection devices, pressure and temperature transmitters, mass meters, and other state of the art industrial instrumentation.
* Able to identify and troubleshoot common power distribution issues such as ground faults, single phasing, etc. and size electrical gear for new installations in accordance with current codes.
* Familiar with common industrial programming. Knowledge of Honeywell DCS a plus.
* Preparing or coordinating projects, including developing scope, estimates, project papers, the preparation of construction bid packages, evaluating bid proposals, selection of contractors, following work and starting up new equipment.
* Experience with root cause failure analysis methods a plus.
* Experience with SAP Maintenance and Project Module and other basic SAP transactions desirable
* In-depth knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
* Knowledge with various codes, including NEC, API, ANSI, NFPA, ISA, etc
Minimum 10 years experience in electrical engineering in a plant environment
* Problem Solving: Must be able to understand and interpret technical material. Must be able to solve problems quickly, completely, accurately, and to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
* Knowledge/Skills: Must be self-motivated and possess good organizational skills. Must be able to work alone and accomplish responsibilities with only general direction. Must be able to work as part of a team. Must pay close attention to details, follow high standards for accuracy and completeness, and accept constructive criticism from coworkers.
* Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good team-work skills.
Candidate will possess a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
Location: TX (Pasadena)